1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-420H Chapter problems.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dmpoole, May 22, 2005.

1. dmpoole

dmpoole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've searched the manual, searched the PDF manual, gone through every menu and set Auto Chapters to 10 minutes but how do I get my hard drive recordings to have chapters at 10 minute intervals?

I've been on the Copy DVD and onto the Edit Chapters but it seems so long winded. Is there anywhere on this machine that when I record on the hard drive it has chapters every 10 minutes and those same chapters are on the burned disk afterwards?

Thanks

2. MarkhamPete

MarkhamPete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think auto chapter inserts work when recording to hard drive. I believe it's only when recording to dvd disk in real time. I usually just insert them manually after I record to the hard drive. With the Pioneer 520, I just hit commerical skip a few times to reach "10 minutes" and "enter" until I reach the end. These chapter marks are retained when "high speed" dubbing to disk.
    I haven't tried this because I always use "high speed" dub from HDD, but I believe the auto chapter may work when dubbing from HDD to disk in REAL TIME.

3. dmpoole

dmpoole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Just after my post I experimented by playing the recording from the hard drive using Disc Navigator -> Chapter Edit -> fast forwarding at 4 times and hitting Enter every 10 mins. This then recorded to a disk with the chapters intact. A bit long winded but it works.

Thanks

4. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quickest way is to record at the correct MN level on the HDD,then enter your chapters and the entire dvd burn should be about 8 minutes