1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVD525 problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by SWo1f, Aug 10, 2004.

1. SWo1f

SWo1f

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I'm new to this particular forum so my apologies if I've posted in the wrong place (it seemed the best place to pose my query). I have a Panasonic TV (TX-32PK1) and a Pioneer DV-525 multi-region enabled player. These two have worked fine for the past three years or so with no problem. However, after recently decorating I've just plugged everything back in and now it has decided to display all DVDs (regardless of region) in black and white. Whether PAL/NTSC, R1 or R2 everything displays in b & w. I've triple checked to make sure I've plugged everything in right (and being an I.T Consultant I would have a lot of egg on my face had I done something wrong in that department). The DVD player is going via an S-Video cable that goes to a box that plugs into a SCART socket on the T.V. The DVD players PAL/NTSC/AUTO selector switch does nothing (it has always been set to auto).

Is the DVD player itself faulty? I would be very grateful for any advice anyone may have on this problem. Thank you in advance
    SWo1f

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    Check that when you select the AV input on the TV that you are not pressing it twice and selecting the "S" option by mistake. When I 1st watched Trainspotting I watched the whole film in black and white assuming it was an "arty-farty" b&w film ! On my Panasonic TV the AV inputs toggle between for example AV1 and AV1S - if I select AV1S it's in black and white.
    Also make sure that the scarts are plugged in correctly (press them in firmly)

3. SWo1f

SWo1f

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John

thanks! That is Exactly what had happened. There was me checking everything else.. pretty quirky how the Panasonic does that I feel. You've saved me a lot of hassle, thanks again!

SWo1f :smashin: