Pioneer dvd through toshiba 36" tv

P

perry ferrit

I have just bought a multi rgion pioneer dv-s5 jap inport player off another member of these forums and i am having problems with the player when i connect it to my tosh zp36 18p via the component video leads. As most of you know the dv-s5 is the jap version of the 717 but with component video out instead of scart, that is the reson i bought this model but when this player is connected via the component sockets the picture smears from left to right and also wobbles from top to bottomand the pic keeps going on and off but if i connect player via s video the pic is fine.
The guy i bought player off says it is probably a macrovision problem if so how come it does not effect the s video signal ? and what can i do to overcome this problem.

Thanks alot..........

Just a thought, does this player support Progressive Scan? - If so maybe it's switched on.

Progressive only works with component inputs and your TV I am pretty certain doesn't support it..

Patrick
Worcs.

MODERATOR is there any chance you can move this thread to the dvd players forum please.......

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom