Pioneer DVD Retention "Washer" Available Here !

PLASMATU

Standard Member
Reaction score
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8R58MAQM

Heres the Link for the Pioneer Official Retention Washer,The original DVD is

4GB +, so managed to rip the other 22 identical tracks and kept just one in

this dvd iso, that can be burned or mounted (as you wish).You can therefore set

repeat track,within your dvd player and set the Plasma Panel to Dynamic.

Should Help for Retention Issues.

Greetings goes to - - - - > wjsp <- - - -:clap: that did send me the DVD,if somebody has a

better place where to upload this file please pm me ,if Forum's Moderators

want to add a line in the Pioneer FAQ with a proper link,it would be even

better.

:hiya:

NOT FOR THE ITALIAN AVFORUM MEMBERS, YOU ARE A BUNCH OF THEFTS !

LADRI !

When I try to unRAR it I get an error: ! C:\Burn Images\PIOWASH.rar: CRC failed in PIOWASH.ISO. The file is corrupt

I've downloaded it sevreal times, but it does'nt matter, stil gets the error.

EDIT: New link works just fine, thanx

You're not wrong, I get that too. Shame :(

K.

m sorry m re-uploading link ll be updated OK now should work.

The same CRC problem again.
After the second upload are we going to use the same link?
We should have a new link?

Thanks anyway....

I have just downloaded it from the link above and it works a treat. DVD is black to white gradient screen mving accross the screen. Will keep in case I ever need it. At present any retention goes quite fast.

Many thanks:clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

please anybody else states if the new link works or not,since sat did download it

and its working.

Yup, the old one was corrupt, this ones works a treat - thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

K.

PLASMATU said:
if Forum's Moderators

better.

Done, search for "wash" :smashin:

Cheers

Andy

Downloaded this as ive got retention on my 436 sxe(too much 360 play) but my dvd player wont play this cd disc, is there a link to the full image so i can burn it to dvd? or anywhere i can buy it from?

Thanks

tubbylad

My 436 SXE has retained some images, which can be seen in the background of the screen. Can someone let me know where to download the Washer? I clicked on the link, it has the name of the .war file, but there was no obvious way to download. :rolleyes:

Help appreciated.

PLASMATU said:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8R58MAQM

Heres the Link for the Pioneer Official Retention Washer,The original DVD is

4GB +, so managed to rip the other 22 identical tracks and kept just one in

this dvd iso, that can be burned or mounted (as you wish).You can therefore set

repeat track,within your dvd player and set the Plasma Panel to Dynamic.

Should Help for Retention Issues.

Greetings goes to - - - - > wjsp <- - - -:clap: that did send me the DVD,if somebody has a

better place where to upload this file please pm me ,if Forum's Moderators

better.

Great!!!

Good work, thanks! :thumbsup:

How are you guys playing this? as it wont do anything in my panasonic dvd player or my 360 :confused:

tubbylad said:
How are you guys playing this? as it wont do anything in my panasonic dvd player or my 360 :confused:

It works for me by using powerDVD on my PC and outputing to my 436xde by the xde vga input...

But it only runs for about 10 minutes and then stops and i can't seem to find a repeat play setting with my powerDVD player..:(

Any link for the full 4GB+ iso ? I have bandwith sitting idle :devil:

cheers

I finally managed to make the washer work on my DVD player, set it on repeat and left it throught the night.

It did not clean the figures that were retained on the screen. No visible impact. Does anyone have any suggestions?:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Did not work for me on my PX60 and by all accounts - others have not had any success.

If you have retention - simply avoid any further viewing of the offending material and if you're lucky the retention will subside anyway.

This Pioneer Screen Washer and I suspect others like it are a complete scam dreamt up by the manufacturers and naive users.

Gussie :)

i got the dvd of pioneer some months ago and have to say for me personally it has worked a treat. my set up for dvd is to play from dvd player linked to tv via hdmi on 720p and tv set to display in dynamic only while using the wash dvd.
this prosess removed bad retention from a 360 game need for speed most wanted, it took about a week on overnight playing to achive this but retiention has gone with no evidence left visable of the game speed ometer. the dvd will help to remove image retention but i dout it will do anything for screen burn.
WJSP:rotfl:

Gussie said:
Did not work for me on my PX60 and by all accounts - others have not had any success.

If you have retention - simply avoid any further viewing of the offending material and if you're lucky the retention will subside anyway.

This Pioneer Screen Washer and I suspect others like it are a complete scam dreamt up by the manufacturers and naive users.

Gussie :)

You have just not to pretend its a single pass that does the trick,it helps but u

should use it for a reasonable ammount of time.Up to you to decide to either

use it or avoid lets say for a week the channel on which logo didnt fade

away.

Thanks Plasmatu!
Great job.:smashin:

I too have downloaded this image and would like to share my experience with it.

Firstly, and I hope this will help some of the less techy amongst us...
The image is compressed in RAR format.
You'll need to use something like WinRAR to decompress the file after you have downloaded it.
This will give you a file with a .ISO extension.
Now I have noticed that when I select burn image from Nero.
It brings up the burn options for burning it to a CD-R.
As I do not know whether my consumer DVD player will play the disc if it's written to CD, I decided to 'mount' the image using WinISO.
Copied all the contents in the VIDEO_TS folder to my hard drive.
Launched Nero to create a 'DVD-Video' template.
And then drag and dropped the files into the 'VIDEO_TS' folder in the template.
Then I just burnt it onto a blank DVD-R.
And it played just fine on my 'normal' dvd player.

As for it's usefulness.
Like someone has already said.
The DVD displays a Black gradient fading to complete white, that scrolls from right to left.

To use, play the DVD, put it on repeat chapter, change profile of your plasma to 'dynamic'. And then just let it run.
Once you've finished cleaning the screen.
Remember to first change the screen profile back to 'standard' before stopping and ejecting the disc.

It does exactly the same purpose as running a snow channel over night.
Except, for me it does seem to be slightly more effective at removing retention than the snow method. This is because the whole screen, every single pixel, is covered by this method. Where as the snow channel, you can see that it is quite random, and I suspect some pixels are activated more frequently than others.
For me, running this disc for about 2hrs is enough to pretty much eradicate any screen retention. (Although your mileage may differ)
The great thing about it, is that because the whole screen is covered with solid colour, it's quick and easy to tell when all the artifacts on the screen has been removed.
Otherwise, it used to be a case, where I would need to run the snow channel.
Stop, put in a cartoon DVD, play it until there is a light scene.
And then run it again, because I've spotted that there's still some screen retention left.

As someone has already pointed out, if you suffer from screen burn, then this DVD will not be able to cure your problem.
If you are not sure if you have screen burn or not.
Try running this DVD for 24-48 hrs.
After that, if you've still got a ghost image on your plasma.
Then unfortunately, I suspect you'll be on the market for a new panel very soon...

I hope my information is of use.
I don't post all to often. But that's because when I do, I end up boring everyone from the topic!
Any way hope the info is useful to someone out there.

And thanks once again for the image.
I, for one think it's a great tool to have.
(Verging on essential for those of us, who owns a 6th gen PIO...!)
:)

Regards,

mm Open Existing Compilations should work and u could easily burn it directly on a dvd without havin to do all that work.(Nero 7)

Bump...There a few people still looking for this..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom