1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVD Player DVD-R Media Needed

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by thevolt5, Jul 30, 2005.

1. thevolt5

thevolt5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello im trying to work out which DVD-R, DVD+R backup media Discs are best for the Pioneer DVD Players and are suited to them and accept them in evey way with no video playback problemes .

Im currently using RiData Discs that arnt bad but somtimes I have a hick up of video playback for some reason.

Please post you suggestions on brands to look out for.

thank you.

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I've used Datawrite Red, Yellow and Grey, Bulkpaq White and shiny blue, Infiniti Samurai (Orange) without any problems (all -r).

The Datawrite Red's are the cheapest and I use more of these. No problems so far with DVD's over 15 months old.

Don't know if more expensive DVD's will be better in say 10 years time though.

For those DVD's I burn on the PC and replay in the Pioneer DVD Recorder, I burn all discs at 2x as this gives me 100% success for replay and also if I ever copy the data back onto the PC I don't get CRC errors.

DVD's recorded at 4x on hte PC are mostly OK (98%) success and those recorded at 8x are iffy (70% success) at replay.