1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVD DV-454 - Compatible?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Emanuel Ricou, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Emanuel Ricou

Emanuel Ricou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I've a Pioneer DV-454 DVD player. I haven't been able to playback any DVD+R or +RW. I've read several reviews where this Pioneer model is able to, as well as other Pioneer models.
    One alternative model is the DV-360, reviewed in this site. The review says it's compatible but, in the official Pioneer's site, the only compatibility is with DVD-R.
    Could someone clarify me on this subject? Could my DVD player have some kind of failure? Is there a chance to perform a firmware upgrade or a eprom exchange?

Thanks in advance

2. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a 454 and +R's don't work for me. -R's work ALL DAY Long!!!!!!

"One alternative model is the DV-360" ????? If I understand the question correctly, why would you be interested in changing your DVD player????? You can pick up a burner that will write +/- for £80ish squid?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Can you clarify your question, I'm a bit confused, you talk about firmware upgrades, but also talk about other models???? Where are you coming from?

I don't believe there are firmware upgrades? And I personally wouldn't consider (if available??) a eprom change on a 100 squid unit??!?!?!?!?!?

Confused :zonked: but hope I've helped!!!!!
    Stace :D

3. Emanuel Ricou

Emanuel Ricou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

my doubt is about the fact that in many reviews those models, the 454 or the 360, are compatible with the +R format. Since mine isn't, and it works fine with other formats, I can only imagine that it's due to a firmware release issue and nothing else.

The question about the eprom is because I'm not sure if the equipment is flashable and therefore would need an eprom exchange.

Thanks anyway.