1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIONEER DVD 737

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by fremer, May 30, 2001.

1. fremer

fremer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I've had this player for about 4 months,playing dvd is ok but when playing vcd somehow the picture jam but the sound continues,could anybody help me solve this problem?

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Sounds like some problem with the focus of the 2nd laser, probably played to many pirated VCD, did you? ;)

Try cleaning the lense using a cleaning disc, though in worst case there could be also a fault in the decoding section of the player (unlikely, but who knows ...).

Since the unit is only 4 month old why not make a warranty case out of it and let the dealer sort it out for you?

3. fremer

fremer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ya, been using it to play vcd & dvd from malaysia,don't say pirated but copied.It's cheap there about rm 5/- for vcd & rm16/- for dvd,maybe thats the cause,now got to send it for servicing ' sigh '.

4. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Hi,

Have the discs played back normally before?

I've had a Pioneer DV717 for 2 years that was pretty much fine for any discs but if the discs were dodgy copies (i.e. poor burns or heavily scratched) it would occasionally freeze and the sound would continue.

The players laser was fine and its remained fine right up until I traded it in for my Toshiba SD900E.

Personally I'd check it throughly with some normal audio CD's and try cleaning the VCDs in question.

Hope this helps,

Damian
    ;)

5. fremer

fremer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    exactly like what you describe, does that mean that my player is ok? btw hows the toshiba is it good with playing music?

6. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Personally I think your player is fine. I'd try to get some original i.e not copied VCD's to be sure.

Pioneer players are reasonably reliable.

The Toshiba SD900E is great at playing CD's. It was the main reason for the upgrade, although I was quite shocked at the picture looking so much more natural than my old Pioneer.

It certainly kicked the Denon DV3300 DVD-A player into touch in the demo I had.

Hope this helps,

Damian :p