1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVD-350 MP3 playback from DVD-R/-RW

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nsherin, Aug 11, 2003.

1. nsherin

nsherin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I've just bought myself a DVD-RW/+RW burner. One purpose for buying the player was to enable me to hopefully archive about 26GB of MP3s onto a few DVDs. However, when I tried to burn a disc last night using Nero Burning Rom, my Pioneer DV-350 would not read the disc - it displayed a 'cannot play disc' message on the TV. Is there something I should be doing here in order to get this to work? I burned the disc as a standard DVD data disc. I used a DVD-RW disc, as I figured that the Pioneer would be happiest with this type of media format, as opposed to +RW. I didn't want to use an -R disc at this stage, in case things didn't work! Any help is much appreciated!

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Not all players will read MP3 material from DVD-R - many are restricted to reading them off of CD-R(W) so that could well be where you're problem lies.

I don't have a definitive answer as to whether or not your player can, or can't but it's one thing to consider at least.

There's a bit of info in this thread here, I'm sure there's plenty more on the forums if you can find it :)

K.

3. nsherin

nsherin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Thanks for the pointers, Kelvin. I ended up checking on the DVD Player Compatibility list at http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php and it looks like that I can't do DVD-MP3. Will try again tonight, as I've read of problems with DVD-RW discs if UDF 1.02 file system isn't used - I don't think I was writing in that mode last night!

Having said that, it will be no great loss if I can just archive the MP3s to DVD-R (as a backup and reduction of hard drive space) and then using a PC, burn a selection or so onto CD-RW, whenever I want to play them.

4. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    How did you burn the disk?

It might be worth experimenting with some of the disk types ( iso/ifo/dvd/data etc) available with Nero...I'm sure someone more knowledgeable here will step in with some more advice..

Regards,

Ian Guinan

5. nsherin

nsherin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Thanks - that should keep me out of mischief tonight for a bit...... :D

6. nsherin

nsherin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Played around with various filesystems etc., but still no joy. I suspect the problem lies with the DVD player and I'd have to upgrade to get it to do what I want.