1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DV99 Scart control signal

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by timmorley, Jul 17, 2004.

1. timmorley

timmorley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hopefully I am in the correct forum, new here!
    :hiya:

I have just got a DV99 from richer sounds. Reasonably impressed. Can somebody who has one of these comment on the operation of the Scart device switching (think its pin 8?). What I have found with mine (Only 1 RGB on TV to looped through sky digital box) as soon as you turn the power on to the DV99 (no matter what input selected) it signals down the scart lead even though there is no video signal to be shown. Surely this is a fault as one of the settings available is that if the unit is switched to TV then you can have the audio from the scart lead (back in!) or phono. But if I power up and select tv the tv itself is switching to the DV99 input! I would have thought that the scart signal would only be present during dvd mode.
    Can anyone comment?

TIA

PS It was supposed to be multi region, but its not. Is there a hack?

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Yes you are . my 99 does the same you might notice no disc come up. I think it is priority to dvd. but what is the problem I just select the required channel or av input on the tv.

3. timmorley

timmorley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I guesse such a simple thing to alter in the firmware too! I have configured my system so I NEVER have to select an AV channel, makes it nice and simple for family to use. Just wish I had one more RGB input on tv!

4. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Well neither do I except with the 99 and that is going to a seperate/rgb /scart
    So if you come up with some way round this I'd appreciate how. Oh and I should keep an eye on your speaker coveres they tend to fall off

5. timmorley

timmorley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Managed to sort now with a hard wired modification of a Scart switch box from Maplins. Will post system connection drawing when I get chance to re-draw!