1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer dv939a

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gary g, Mar 13, 2005.

1. gary g

gary g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    as i have mentioned in a previous post,I am running two dvd players,pioneer dv939a (region 2)and a pioneer dv606d(region 1)
    I am now getting fed up with the switching idea between the two(component video and digital audio)
    Is there a good reliable hack for the 939a to make it multi region or would it be a circuit mod,if its a mod which should I go for,is it a diy job or does it have to be sent away?
    any help much appreciated

Gary g

2. zeropoint

zeropoint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I believe the 939A's firmware is updated via a system port. This was accessible on the 717 via a small slotted vent-like opening in the side, and this may be the case too with the 939. This means you don't have to take the lid off, but you do need to take it to someone with the necessary equipment to write the MR firmware.

3. gary g

gary g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    can anyone suggest a good place to find this firmware to mak my machine mr I want it to be reliable and able to play all discs(as much as pos)and not to have any effect on picture quality.
    Gary g

4. zeropoint

zeropoint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    They just stick a cable in the service port and reprogram the firmware, so it doesn't affect pq, and should be reliable. Try DVD Library: I think they might do either a courier or while-you-wait service. Alternatively, Multiregion DVD Upgrades offer a DIY PC upload kit for this player I think.