Pioneer DV868 HDMI>DVI problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by iBug, Aug 3, 2005.

1. iBug

iBug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered a HDMI>DVI cable from Kimber and it arrived today. I use a LG LCD TV and it has a DVI input. I connected the player with the cable and the player's GUI is viewable but when I put a movie in it, no video output is there. It outputs the menu of the player and everything but no movie. And I can't play with the HDMI settings either, that menu is still not selectable. Does Pioneer not support HDMI>DVI? Please help.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,441
    I would guess that the problem is with your LCD TV rather than the DVD player or the cable. The chances are that the DVI input on the LCD is not HDCP complient, therefore when a copy protected DVD is played the copy protection on the player detects that there is no HDCP device connected and switches off the HDMI output. Obviously the DVD players menus are not copy protected and can therefore be displayed.
    If the above is true then your only option is to use an analogue connection such as component to view DVD's, or remove the copy protection from the HDMI/DVI connection :devil:

Mark.

3. iBug

iBug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are right. I put a DVD that I wrote in the computer and it opened it without any problems. Still I can't used the HDMI settings but the picture quality is definitely better than component. I wish I could use this with any DVD. Maybe I will buy a HDMI monitor later.