Pioneer DV757Ai Universal Disc Player Multi-region - Any good ?

Baron Mole

Am unboxing a room full (yes really) of ancient but still working old kit with the intention of freeing up some space.

The question is keep or get rid. But am looking for an idea of whether it's still of decent quality or old junk.

It's multi-region and plays CD, DVD, DVD-A, and SACD and possibly more but my memory isn't what it used to be.:)

When I bought it around early 2000s it was the DBs and £750.

Any opinions ?

gibbsy

Obviously it's DVD video is really outdated but as a good SACD and DVD-A player it certainly has a value. There are very few manufacturers currently making good SACD spinners and Pioneer have always made good ones.

If you have SACD or DVD-A then I would certainly hang on to it. If you want to sell it then you may get some interest in our classifieds.

Upvote 0

Baron Mole

Obviously it's DVD video is really outdated but as a good SACD and DVD-A player it certainly has a value. There are very few manufacturers currently making good SACD spinners and Pioneer have always made good ones.

If you have SACD or DVD-A then I would certainly hang on to it. If you want to sell it then you may get some interest in our classifieds.
Thanks very much for that - you've confirmed what I hoped - i.e. good for SACD and DVD-A. And the fact it is still working well including the remote is testament to the build quality which is important to me when I buy kit. I like to get my money's worth. The menu system though is a hoot - reminds me of video games in the 90s :rotfl:

So yes I'll be keeping it to play my SACDs and DVD-As - shame that they really never took off - time to go to fleaBay and see what bargains I can find.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gibbsy

Thanks very much for that - you've confirmed what I hoped - i.e. good for SACD and DVD-A. And the fact it is still working well including the remote is testament to the build quality which is important to me when I buy kit. I like to get my money's worth. The menu system though is a hoot - reminds me of video games in the 90s :rotfl:

So yes I'll be keeping it to play my SACDs and DVD-As - shame that they really never took off - time to go to fleaBay and see what bargains I can find.
Discogs is good for SACD it's where I've bought most of mine. Pioneer still make, or rather did make, the excellent LX500/800, I have the LX500.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom