Pioneer DV757 vs 656 for DVD playback

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by hannanp, Dec 18, 2003.

1. hannanp

hannanp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm interested in both of the above players for DVD playback. The rest of my system comprises of a Loewe Articos, Pioneer 2011 amp and Kef eggs. I'm interested in the player for DVD playback primarly, therefore is there much of a difference in the two players?
    I've managed to find the 757 for approx £500, is it worth the additional cost?

Thanks

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,029
    The main difference is that the 757 can do progressive scan NTSC and now PAL wheras the 656 cannot. So if your display device can accept progressive then imo it would be worth getting the 757. I have a 757 and my bro has a 656 and the interlaced picture via scart is pretty much identical.

3. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Pioneer 565A (Shockingly good for the money) today.

With you screen, you won't notice the difference between the 565A and 757Ai. If - under the unusual circumstance - you do, you're almost certainately not going to 'see' £350 of performance difference.

Incidentally, you're unlikely to notice sonic shortcomings between the two with your Kef Eggs either.

So, in short, I don't think you'll really notice the benefits of the 757 over a 565 or a 656.

Dimmy