PIONEER DV747a DVD PLAYER PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by philbam, May 10, 2005.

1. philbam

philbam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    Could anyone help please?
    I have a 3 year old Pioneer DV747a dvd player (cost £800),which has thrown up a problem I haven't encountered before.When the player goes to standby,say after watching a movie in the evening,the next day when I go to load a dvd, the player is very, very slow to pick up the disc - basically it clicks to play then clicks off again as though there is no disc in the player.It does this several times,perhaps 7 or 8,then picks up the disc and plays it perfectly.When playing it has never missed a beat!!If I load another disc,say half an hour later,then it picks it up straightaway and plays perfectly again.
    It only seems to happen when the player has either been switched off or put on standby for any length of time.
    If I leave the player switched on all the time(not in standby mode but ready to play) the disc will play straightaway, even two or three days later.
    I'm wary on leaving it on all the time as I wonder if the laser is then being used constantly and could cause problems later on.
    Any advice or help would be appreciated as this is a fine machine and has never let me down.
    Thanks