1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer dv626d and a vsxd810

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by The Jayler, Apr 21, 2004.

Tags:
  1. The Jayler

The Jayler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    :lease:

i have recently picked up a pioneer dvd player (dv-626d). it is connected to my amp (pioneer vsx-d810) via a coaxal cable and analoge connections. when i play a dolby digital disk i get a good sound out. when i play a dts disk though, the player says it is playing a dts disk but no sound is heard from the digital connection, just the analoge one. i can not for the life in me figure out why this is so. my amp does decode dts and dts-es disks. please please, if any one has any ideas please let me know. it's bugging the hell out of me.

2. supersonic87

supersonic87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have you gone in to the menu of the DVD player and reciever and set DTS to bitstream, digital or something along those lines. If not try it, that should work.

Rich

3. The Jayler

The Jayler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    in the menu for the dvd player the selection for dts is 'on' and i have my amp set to digital input. still no jopy though. thanks for your suggestion though.

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    It has to be a problem with the DVD player. I had a 810 as well set up like you have it and both DD and DTS all worked through the amp properly. Can you assign the analogue ports on the dvd player?
    Does it have an internal decoder? If so switch it off
    Can you try it on a friends amp to see if it does the same with theres?
    Have you tried it with the analogue cables taken out?

5. The Jayler

The Jayler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    after extensive calls to pioneer and anew cable, it would appear it is my amp that is unwell. i have recently moved house and they think this may have caused it. the dvd player appears to be outputting the dts signal but my amp is not recieving it 'digitally'.
    Pioneer them selves are pretty stuck on this one. i have an authorised dealer 2 minutes away so may just bite the bullet and get it repaired. going to test it on my mates dvd player first to check.

6. ddlooping

ddlooping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    rich sps, I don't know if that might be of interest to you, but I'm selling a Pioneer DVD-626D, black, multi-region and an Harman Kardon AVI250 THX DPL amp with 5.1 inputs (gives loud clear power), both in black and perfect working order. ;)

At £200 it might be even cheaper than to have your faulty gear repaired and might be worth considering. :)

7. The Jayler

The Jayler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    thanx ddlooping.
    would you consider selling the amp on it's own. if so how much? i already have 2 dvd players and would be shot by the ladyship if i got another. she already thinks she lives in a branch of dixons