Pioneer DV626

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by handsy, Feb 27, 2001.

1. handsy

handsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Pioneer 626 fairly recently and since day 1 I have been getting an annoying vibrating sound coming from the disc tray for about the first 10 mins of any DVD ?!?

Anyone else get this ? Should I send this back and get a replacement, or is it quite normal ?

Cheers, Handsy

2. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    If it happens on all discs, send it back, occasioannly I would get a vibration when in menu mode on certain CD's. But to be fair I still get it with my Toshiba SD200E.

Also do you have a heavy item on top of the player, which may be putting too much stress on the DVD chassis ?

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVD players spin the disc quicker when accessing the menu (because they want to read the data as quickly as possible), and at the beginning of the movie because the tracks are smaller nearer the spindle of the DVD.

Whilst my Pioneer 626 is noisier than I would like (especially in the menus) I don't get the problem you are experiencing when watching movies. It sounds like you should send it back - if it happens with all DVD's.

As Radioactive Man says, sometimes a particular disc can be especially bad, if the top side label weights more in one area than another.

DF

[This message has been edited by DF (edited 28-02-2001).]