• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer DV585AS whats it like?

mossmanfly

Established Member
Wanting to get a new DVD player as my Yamada 6600 is playing up(wavy picture, picture skips). My main needs are

1) Multi Region
2) Plays all the different media types +R, -R etc
3) Optical Out
4) DivX/Xvid (needs to do both)

I see in the specs on Play that it does DivX but it doesnt say Xvid. Would like to be able to handle PAL/NTSC progressive scan as I am thinking of getting a new TV so would want to have these features.

If there are any other players that are below £150 that would do the job better, please advise.

Many thanks

NX3

Prominent Member
Xvid won't be listed but it will play them fine except for packed bitstream but thats easy enough to remove.

I'd also check out the LG DVX9900H, it can do packed bitsteam xvids. Not sure if its got the connections your require.

mossmanfly

Established Member
Can anyone verify DVD+R discs work and that the player in multi region with RCE support? Some sites say its multi region others dont mention it. Want to get one of these in the next day or 2 but need to know its multi region as I have a few R1 discs.

Many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom