Pioneer DV575A firmware

Rip

Established Member
Reaction score
HI, does anyone know of anywhere to download firmware for a Pioneer dv575a dvd player, i hear that theer is a version 2.09 going about, but i cant find it in my searches......... :smashin:

Guys,

what does this firmware upgrade improve?

cheers

drago.d

There is also a 3rd party firmware for the 575, available here: http://mtz.softpedia.com/index.php

It mainly concentrates on improving subtitle support [better fonts and layout]. I have it on mine but haven't tried anything with subs yet to test it.

Thank you Pug72, you are a saviour, a shinning sample, a knight in shinning armour ect......you know wot i mean, thanks dude........ :thumbsup:

I have a black 575A that was purchased from digital-point.co.uk, can anyone tell me if I choose to upgrade to the latest firmware, will this reset the multiregion function of this unit?

Cheers,

EmissarY.

EmissarY said:
I have a black 575A that was purchased from digital-point.co.uk, can anyone tell me if I choose to upgrade to the latest firmware, will this reset the multiregion function of this unit?

Cheers,

EmissarY.

On the Pioneer website, the following warning is given about applying the update -

After updating, some of the user-customisable settings of the player may be reset to the original "fresh-out-of-the-box" defaults. Please verify in advance of the update if there are any such customisations, and where necessary re-apply the desired changes in the user-customisable settings of the player after the update.

Whather or not this applies to M/R modification, I do not know but it is better that you are aware of the above.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Martin.

Thanx Martin,

I think I will stay on the side of caution and leave it as it is. If it aint broke dont fix it.

The only reason I wanted to upd the firmware was becasue I read on a post here, that the newer firmware makes the 575A boot up dvds faster, I have to admit, mine runs some R1 discs (SW Trilogy in particular) very slowly at boot up. But as they say, the best things come to those who wait! :smoke:

Cheers,

EmissarY.

EmissarY said:

Cheers,

EmissarY.

i put in the latest firmware in my 575 and the multi region settings were left intact, the other changes you have made eg sound mode picture modes etc will be back at factory defaults but the multiregion was still there

If anyone is worrying, I have installed the 2.09 update & all went well, this is what is written in the Instructions that were with the 2.09 firmware.

1.Download and Burn the Disc image using Nero Burning rom.
2.Put the disc in the DV-575.
3.A screen should appear saying that a firmware update has been detected and it will
upgrade if you press play
4.Press Play and the upgrade will begin.
5.After a few minutes the disc will eject,
take the disc out of the tray but DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS OR TURN OFF THE MACHINE.
6.After a few more minutes the player should reboot and the Pioneer logo will display on the TV screen.
The player has now been sucessfully upgraded.
This won't effect the multi region upgrade carried out by AVLAND, the unit will remain multi region

It does state there that after a few minutes the disc will eject, but i found it was really quick, it did take a minute or two before it did reboot tho, good luck..... :thumbsup:

As per at least 3 other threads on this forum....

1, Updating your firmware does not change the multiregion status.

2, "to get the firmware version of your player you need to highlight the word 'Options' in the set-up menu, then press display on your remote control"

Hi,
sorry to cut in but I wonder if anyone could offer me some advice.

I just bought a 575 pioneer dvd player off ebay which plays multi region dvds.

All o.k but disc recognition take a while and, after reading a thread, seen that a firmware update could fix this.

I checked my player for which version it was using (thanks NX3)
It then said.. REGION 2
VERSION 1.22

Is this an old firmware version or am I looking at the wrong thing.

I ask this because looking on the forum I see that most players are running 2.05 and the latest is 2.09 and the number in mine is quite low.

This may sound stupid but as far as AV goes i'm only a pup!

Firmware 1.22 is one of the earliest firmwares for the Pioneer 575 / 470.

The firmware will say a region setting even if the machine is multiregion, this is 100% normal for this model.

I'd suggest you update to firmware 2.09, see link in this thread and see if the disc loading time improves. Thought my 470 is not the fastest disc loading dvd player I've owned!!

fire boy said:
I checked my player for which version it was using (thanks NX3)
It then said.. REGION 2
VERSION 1.22

Is this an old firmware version or am I looking at the wrong thing.

That does seem to be old, as is says above, update to the 2.09 version, mine went well so good luck.

I'd suggest you update to firmware 2.09, see link in this thread and see if the disc loading time improves. Thought my 470 is not the fastest disc loading dvd player I've owned!![/QUOTE]
Hi thanks for the info guys :smashin:

Downloaded the link from avland and it says rip it to disc using Nero and I don't have nero on my laptop.
Would this cause me grief? :confused:

I must say everyone on this forum is very helpful

Go to Nero.com and get the demo nero. It will only let you burn at x1 speed but the file is very small so won't take long.

What cd-writing software do you have ? It might read nero cd-images.

Hi,
My version of the 575 is 1.44.So i downloaded the firmware upgrade from avland and burned

it to cd-r and the player comes back with cant read disc.Tried this with nero express and

after throwing away 6 cd-rs which didnt work decided to phone for free update disc from

pioneer 01753789500.Has anyone tried this disc and does this affect multi-region?

It does *NOT* effect multiregion at all.

Not sure why the disc image on Avland didn't work for you. You did select in Nero to open cd image and not just put the file onto a cd ?

Firmware updates do not affect multi-region status on the 575. I haven't tried the Pioneer disc though, I burned mine to CD-RW.

oops! :blush: guess i might still wait for disc from pioneer though as no more cd-r s left!

:clap:

Thanks NX3, done as U said and all worked perfectly. :thumbsup:

You are a god among insects! ;)

GCBD if U want i'll send u my disc, just PM me with your address if U want :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom