pioneer DV575

M

mtmcgill

I have just bought a Pioneer DV575 Divx player. When i watch a Divx film i.e. i download from the net and burn to CDR, the quality is pretty much perfect apart from it sometimes skips and it seems to move in slow motion. In other words when the camera pans the picture skips ever so slightly every second therefore making it look like slow motion!

My question is, is this normal or have i got a faulty player? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Its prob the movie not a faulty player. Make sure you have the latest firmware in your 575. Check the file doesn't have packed bitstream, if it does use you can get a tool to strip it out. Report back if you have your player is set to PAL / AUTO / NTSC..

For more info on all of these use the search button as you'll all of this posted so many times !

Just spotted this thread, as was going to post the same issue. When the camera on a movie is panning around, it sometimes seems as if it is jerking round, rather than a smooth movement.

On the settings i've got it set to progressive, as am connecting to a Sharp 37 Aquos LCD via component (which is also set to progressive input, via the "film" mode).

Would it be improved by setting the player back to interlaced, and letting the TV do the prog scan?

I have found this with CDRs where playing the same files copied instead to a DVDR don't suffer the same problem.

Is there some way of burning a cue or bin file to a CDR, this might help? The problem being i dont have a DVD burner, if i can get it working perfectly with CDR this would be best. There are lots of benefits to burning to CDR i.e. time to download the file, time to burn the file etc etc. DVD takes a good while.

Thanks for the info so far.

Ive not tried mine on a retail DVD yet! Will do this tonight and get back to you. If this is the case its got to be the DVD player itself! Therefore a return will be in the post!!!!

You need to unpack the bitstream of the divx. It plays smooth once you do this.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom