Pioneer DV575 prog-scan +Epson EMP TW10

F

FaB*Bo*Peep

I am very tempted by Richer Sounds £99.95 deal on the Pioneer DV575 DVD player, but if I do go for this upgrade it would purely be to gain the progressive scan feature.

Although I have read many articles and now understand how progressive scan works to improve the picture quality, I am still not sure if these signals would be compatible with my Epson EMP TW10 projector and that is where I need your help please:

(1) Can the Epson TW10 handle the progressive signals from the DV575 ?
(2) Would the difference in the picture quality be noticeable or are they more noticeable on higher resolution projectors / plasmas etc ?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
:hiya:

F

FaB*Bo*Peep

Thanks - you saw an appreciable difference over a non progressive scan DVD source ?

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Can't lose with Richer, take it back if you are not 100% happy.
But for £100 it's a no brainer in my book. Cracking machine for the price....PJ

M

maxiboy

I also have the above combination and would say that there is a real improvement in picture quality over the RGB Scart feed that I was using. Go for it.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
How does the quality compare against an X-Box as a DVD player running via component using the Hi Def Pack?

Just curious as that's what I use at the moment and it gives a pretty good picture. I was wondering whether it's worth upgrading to a true DVD player?

F

FaB*Bo*Peep

Thanks for the feedback. I will order it tomorrow and will post my thoughts once I have played with it a bit :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG SN7CY Soundbar Review, Hisense 55U7Q, LG Nano90, Best of the Month, B+W Sigourney Weaver
Top Bottom