1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Dv575 Picture Advice

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andyboy, Jan 6, 2005.

1. andyboy

andyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer DV575 and I am noticing various amounts of jagged lines and shimmer on straight lines whilst watching films, it is different depending on the film itself.

The 575 is connected to my Philips 28PW5617 via an RGB switchbox (Joytech) with Thor Scart leads from Player to switchbox and box to TV.

I have tried it by directly connecting to my TV but it does no good - can anyone out there help or at least tell me what is causing this ? :suicide:

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    you will get this affect to some degree unless you are watching with progresive scan. Progresive scan will help to get rid of the dreded jagies. Unfortunatly unless you have a tv with component inputs and a dvd player with the same, progresive will not be an option.
    You may be able to reduce this affect some what by lowering your sharpness settings although it may not completly get rid of it.

3. caster troy

caster troy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    just got the pioneer 575a from richer sounds (£114 multi region) and the picture is gggggggreat!

is your tv's scart rgb if so turn on the initail settings to rgb, i've turned on the bnr and turned the sharpness on to fine.

my tv is a sony 28kw something, i've had it for so long i can not remember its name. remember you dont need a hdtv to have great pictures.

hope this helps

4. quiet robert

quiet robert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    i have a pioneer dv 565 and i also notice this problem on my sony tv.

both scarts are rgb enabled but the problem persists and to be honest it's ****** me off so much i'm about to buy a new player even though the pioneer is less than 10 mths old