Pioneer DV545 extra Scart

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by aqureshi, Jan 21, 2002.

1. aqureshi

aqureshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am thinking of either buying DV444 or 545, but not sure what extra Scart socket will give me. In other words what is the benefit to have 2 extra scart sockets compared to one?

Cheers

Asad

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    If you only have one rgb scart on tv then you can in effect double it to two, i.e. plug dvd player into rgb scart on tv then sky box into second scart on dvd player, so when dvd not in use - standby - it'll send sky rgb signal through to tv. Usefull in that respect.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I have my dreamcast going into the extra scart on my 545, just means you don't have to mess around switching connections. When the DC is switched on the signal will pass straight through the 545 to the TV in RGB, looks great too.

Mark

4. aqureshi

aqureshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any difference between the 2 scart connections.

Cheers

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    No difference in terms of performance. Scart one is for DVD pass through and scart two is for passthrough.

6. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the 545 also has some cd music effects that help improve the sound when playing mp3 cd-r and normal cds.

When the 545 is switched off (into standby) you can here a couple of relays kicking in. This connects the two scarts to gether for a loopthrough. I have my cable connected to one and the dvd connected to my tv. Very useful as most tv's have only one RGB scart socket.

ice_cool