1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DV444 System - Setting up: cables, interconnects etc

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Ads, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Ads

Ads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've finally took delivery of a Pioneer DV 444S (multiregion) player, VSX C300S receiver and their 5 speaker + subwoofer system and would really appreciate some advice on cables, interconnects etc. I am a complete beginner.

When I purchased the system I bought a QED AV2110 scart to connect DVD to TV and Cable Talk Optical 3 Gold for DVD to receiver. (no coax input on receiver)

However, still have the manufacturer speaker cables and subwoofer connection. I would be grateful for any ideas on good replacements. I was thinking of Cable Talk 3.1 cable but this is too thick for the connections, so perhaps QED Qudos or Silver Anniversary?? Just wanted to spend in the £2.50 - £5.00 p/m mark.

Also wondering if there was anything that would improve the quality of the subwoofer connection?

Finally, would be grateful if anyone knows where I can get hold of some cheap/compatible speaker stands for the satelite speakers - these are part of the SV 50K set.

Ps Bought whole lot for £600 from Superfi which was best deal I found. Had originally tried ordering from Techtronics as they had the multimod chip + free stands but after reading many reviews decided to cancel after 5 week wait and avoid all the hassle that everyone seems to get post sales - if you managed to get anything at all that is!

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Both the cables that you quoted seem OK.

Ixos do a range of subwoofer cables starting at £20. I use the £20 cable and it is an improvement over the freebie stuff.