Pioneer dv433h....No menu on burnt disc when i play on other dvd players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by beatlefan, Mar 21, 2006.

1. beatlefan

beatlefan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There.

I just bought this recorder and it's a fantastic machine so far :smashin: , except for one thing, a problem ive got regarding playing dvd's created on the DV433H on other machines, eg:

If i record, edit( video mode compatible), and then burn the particular movie etc.....When i insert the disc into my Yamaha or JVC dvd player it doesnt open up any kind of menu to allow you to play the disc, all i get is a plain blue screen :thumbsdow .....you actually either have to:

A. Press "Play" button on the remote which will then play the dvd :smashin:
    B: Press the "Menu" button on the remote, in this case the "Menu" screen appears and it will allow you to play the disc :smashin:

I am following the instructions exactly, and i'm using LOGIK 8x DVD-R (actually they are OPTODISC R008 according to Nero InfoTool) but anyway, they seem to burn with no problem.

I was wondering if:

1. This a known problem with discs created on the DVD 433H ??
    2. Could it possibly be a compatability problem with the discs i'm using??

And.........is anyone else getting this problem??

Many Thanks in advance.

2. Hkan

Hkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I think that everyone that have a Pioneer DVR has your 'problem'.
    It is supposed to be like that.
    You have to make an active choise, do I want to see the menu or do I want to play the movie.
    So theres no autostart!

/Håkan

3. beatlefan

beatlefan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Hakan.

But surely this is merely a software issue that can be fixed with an update from Pioneer possibly?

It doesn't make sense, the philips dvd recorders (the 980 for example, which doesnt have a HDD) has a menu screen when you record on them........yet in the case of the Pio DVR433H (which is more expensive AND has the added benefit of a hard drive) it doesnt have a menu :eek:

I cant understand how they would overlook something so important ??

BTW..........Has anyone on here been in touch with Pioneer and queried them about this problem, and whether they can actually fix it with a software update??

4. beatlefan

beatlefan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    UPDATE

I have looked into this problem again, and i am puzzled because - if i burn a dvd that ive edited on the DVR 433H, then load it into my other (Yamaha) dvd player it will not play unless i go into the setting of the yamaha and change the "AV Output" settings from RGB to Video :thumbsdow ..It will then read the disc, and if i press "play" it will play the disc...Heck it'll even show the menu (if i press the Menu button) lol........But if the av output is set to RGB then i load the disc it wont even read the disc,let alone play it...my dvd player just seems to crash :eek:

Anyone else having this problem?...and does anyone have any idea why this happens, because it seems very odd.