Pioneer DV400V-S upscale problem

zagor64

Standard Member
Hi, I have just bought Sony D3550 LCD TV(it has same technical specifications as D3500). I tried upscaling dvd film with Pioneer Dv400V-S DVD player by HDMI(Monster Ultra 600 cable) but some problems occured. When I set the HDMI resolution 1080p from DVD player settings thin black lines appears on the bottom of screen and increases and merge, finally becomes black strips. If I set the resolution 720p screen looks good for approximately 1 hour, after then same damn! thin black lines appears again. I have to set the resolution 576p and in this resolution there is no black line. Where is the problem? Another problem is no sound on TV while HDMI upscaling 720p or 1080p.I tried some TV and DVD player HDMI settings but no success:(.
Thanks in advance

KUBBY

Prominent Member
Hi,

Can we assume that you have used this player on another set before you installed this one?

Perhaps a quick call to the Sony Helpline,(number usually on the back inside page of the manual) could help?

KH

zagor64

Standard Member
Hi,

Can we assume that you have used this player on another set before you installed this one?

Perhaps a quick call to the Sony Helpline,(number usually on the back inside page of the manual) could help?

KH
No,I didn't use Pioneer DVD player on another set before. By the way Sony D3550 LCD TV didn't see Pioneer DVD player during the HDMI scanning. How can I fix this? May be the solution for damn black lines depends on this.

KUBBY

Prominent Member
Hi again,

sorry for not replying earlier.

Im not a techie,what you are experiencing though seems to indicate some sort of "Handshake" problem between the Lcd and the Dvd player,but why it should wait for a time before exhibiting these symptoms is beyond me.

I can only suggest that you contact the helplines of the kit involved and ask their advice.

Good Luck,

KH

zagor64

Standard Member
Hi again,

sorry for not replying earlier.

Im not a techie,what you are experiencing though seems to indicate some sort of "Handshake" problem between the Lcd and the Dvd player,but why it should wait for a time before exhibiting these symptoms is beyond me.

I can only suggest that you contact the helplines of the kit involved and ask their advice.

Good Luck,

KH
Thanks for your advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom