Pioneer DV370 - should it be so noisy?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by superpixel, Mar 10, 2005.

1. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got a DV370, and wonder if anyone with experience could help.

It makes a horrendous noise when accessing different parts of the disc - eg when the menus load or chapters are changed. It's not just a barely audible whir, its a very loud, mechanical 'clk' sound.

Is this par for the course on this model, or do I have a defective piece? Do the DV470 or DV575 make a similar noise?

Cheers.

PS Apart from the unattractive, slanting front (which Pioneer's photos don't show!) and the noise, its an excellent player...

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,873
    I have read from others who talk about the same problem with 470/575 models. I borrowed on for a day and it was extremely quiet.

I didn't keep it though as I prefer Sony players.

3. C.Wolf

C.Wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Ive got a 575 and it makes a slight whirr/almost whistleing sound, but this is only noticable on silent or very quiet parts of the film, and is intermittent. My neighbour has a 370 and it is even quieter than mine. I even changed mine for a new one and it was the same.

4. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh yeh, its silent when playing the disc right through, but makes one hell of a racket (like no other player I've experienced) when manually flicking through chapters - and of course when doing this, there IS no soundtrack to mask the noise...