Pioneer DV-AX10

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by paiger, Nov 7, 2002.

1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen some reviews for this player on audioreview.com and they reckon it's awesome. It's a US model, DVD-A/SACD compatible and retails over there for about $6000. Why don't we get this model over here? Also I note that the US version of the AX10 reciever already has iLink fitted as standard.

S

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The MkII Version of the AX10 will have the FireWire aka i-Link(IEEE1394) connection and thus will be compatible with the DVD-757ai.
    However note that the FireWire here is only used for audio (DVD-A/SACD and of course all the other formats) but not for video!

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I was aware that it is coming soon, it's just annoying that we always have to wait for months before we get anything. I also would like to know why the reference DVD player (AX10) is not being sold over here. It looks like exactly what I'm after.

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hm, SACD only as two channel version? That's odd as else you need to match it with some Pioneer amp and use the i-Link - but when you pay this price for a DVD are you sure you would like to do that!? More likely you will want to match it with some Tag or the like ...