1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DV-99 Speaker Covers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Garion, May 22, 2004.

1. Garion

Garion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    OK, so we all know the covers come off after a while.....but has anyone tried to fix them back on somehow?
    Don't say take them back,this is an excellent bit of kit and the moving covers do not affect the sound. Replacement speakers will just do the same.

Only my rear left starts to come forward after a few days, I just press it back and it fixes it, but has anyone tried a permanant fix?

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    A 6'' nail does the trick and also fixes them to the wall firmly. But seriously I am of the same opinion its a great bit of kit and perhaps if we can get a list of just how many owners are affected we might get pioneer to do something about it. I am considering having it brought up on our local BBC radio's consumer programme If only to get Pioneer to acknowledge their is a problem.

3. seafoodmix

seafoodmix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My centre speaker has come forward a little, but when pushed back it slowly creeps back forward. Do you know what is behind the cover, is it a compressible sticky gasket thing. I think the system is great and cannot see a replacement that meets my needs. What about a bit of silicon sealant to hold them on?

4. G Canavan

G Canavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I used double sided foam tape from Maplins, did the trick.