Pioneer dv 989 versus the 585a PAL VS NTSC

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by con219, Mar 7, 2006.

1. con219

con219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    G'day m8's

Have any of you English Fella's or any other nationality owned the 585a and stepped upto the dv 989.

Was there a noticable difference inVideo and sound quality.

What system do you guys in the UK is it PAL?
    The reason I ask is I wonder if the inferior NTSC system the Yanks have got has anything to do with the results by Kriss Deering.
    Do PAL systems with there lower frame rate perform better with upscaling as apposed to the NTSC system.
    I was speaking to the Pioneer Product Manager today and he daid that one of the drivers for pushing for Hi Def video is to appease the Yanks for the poor quality they are served up by their NTSC system.
    Your opinions on these matters will be appreciated.

2. kesey

kesey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have the 565A as well as the 989AVi. The 565 (sim to the 585) is a great player for the money. As is the 989.

I'm totally happy with my 989, especially on sound via i.link. I'm able to watch the DVDs and enjoy the sound and video immensely.

3. con219

con219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Kesey

Just had a demo of the DV 989 and everything you said is spot on.
    The pictures that were coming out and the sound was an exponential improvement on what I am currently getting from my 686.
    Furthermore I was fortunate in that the dv 989 was hooked upto to an AX4
    receiver with the same speaker system so I had a great comparitive reference.