1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DV 757Ai vs DV 868AVi

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by attach, May 8, 2005.

1. attach

attach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi im looking for a dvdplayer with a ilink connection so i can connect it to my VSx-2014I reciever. Im looking at the 757Ai to 400£ and 868AVi at 800£.
    They have almost the same specs but the 868 have a Hdmi interface and scaler.
    As i have a pio 435 plasma i know that the save bet would be the 868 but how much of a differenc does the scaler/hdmi really have over the component connections? Enough to justify the price diffrence?

2. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    In your display i think it will make the difference. In a CRT i wouldn't bother.

868 video Dacs are better than 757 so even in component connection it should be better.

I had a 757 and can only praise that machine.. but 868 is better with a plasma no doubt..

3. attach

attach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks m8

4. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I have both machines the 757 and 868 ... and a 434 plasma. The 757 is a great machine and the 868 just a little better (plus HDMI connection)