1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIONEER DV-737 and PAL Prog Scan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by NickLovett, Dec 13, 2002.

1. NickLovett

NickLovett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a PIONEER DV-737 which has NTSC Prog Scan which significantly improves my collection of R1 discs via component feed onto my 42" Panasonic Plasma Screen.
    Is there any possible way to get my Pioneer to play R2 (PAL) DVD's using Prog Scan. Do I need an upgrade of some sort or an additional piece of kit ???
    Is it possible at all ???

Many Thanks
    Nick

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +617
    nick unfortunatly it is not available on the 737. or i should say there has never been a hack released for it, not sure if its capable or not.

sorry

3. NickLovett

NickLovett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I appears that after speaking to a few people via the internet, that the DV-737 is not capable of playing R2 discs in prog scan, which I am a bit miffed about as it cost a lot of money just over a year ago. I have seen the DV-747A which is its successor and that is upgradable to play R2 discs in prog scan....DV-737 is still a very good DVD though so I don't regret buying it for a minute ???

Nick

4. DVRRR

DVRRR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know a hack source for the 939A. One which has already been chipped for multi region?