pioneer dv 717???????????????//

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mongo, Jul 20, 2001.

1. mongo

mongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wot is the differace to the 737 and 717 i do no it has progressive scan but that is it and i do not have a projector or plasma

is that it????????

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,999
    The 737 is a newer model. I'm not sure if there is any difference in "quality" - I have the 737 and it's excellent, but I gather the 717 was good, too.

The only thing I DO know is that the earlier Pioneers had reported lyp-synch problems which are supposed to have been resolved with the 737.

Mind you, my previous player (a 505) had the same lyp-synch problems as the 717 and I never found it more than a minor annoyance on only a few titles.

By the way, your other "post" asking questions about multi-region - if it refers to Pioneer 7?7 players - AFAIK, these cannot be "hacked" by any method OTHER than by being "chipped". - i.e., the firmware chip is replaced with a multi-region one. You can get this done for about £50 - try Techtronics.

OR you can buy the 737 ready-chipped from many outlets - including Sevenoaks HiFi.

By the way, what were all those question marks and slashes for in your title? Did your cat sit on the keyboard?

[ 21-07-2001: Message edited by: LV426 ]