Pioneer DV-636D & DVD-R's & DVD-RW support!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mancubas, Jun 27, 2002.

1. mancubas

mancubas
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi

Just about to invest in a Pioneer 104 DVD-R writer, can anybody here confirm whether or not this player supports DVD-R's & DVD-RW, if so which brand DVD-R etc would you recommend?

Thx, in advance....

2. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I have a 636, and it supports DVD+RW and DVD+R according to

http://www.vcdhelper.com/

It supports DVD-R, but DVD-RW is unknown. It waould be surprising if it did not support DVD-RW.

Why, DVD-RW? Go for any of the 2nd generation DVD+RW/+R writers. Faster and more flexible. Choose one with the software you prefer. They are all made by Ricoh.

3. mancubas

mancubas
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi

Why a DVD-R/RW drive, because I can get one for £244.99 inc VAT, is a bargain!!!, have'nt done much research into DVD+R/RW, how much can you pick one up for.

I tested a datasafe DVD-RW last night on the Pioneer 636D and it worked fine, booted and played my VOB, had to do some F****** around when I was writing it but got it worked fine, recommend newbies buying RW saves so much cash.

Thx...