Pioneer DV-626D

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Neo X, May 28, 2004.

1. Neo X

Neo X

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Guys,

I have a Pioneer DV-626D DVD player. Since I cracked it for region free (soft upgrade) I can't have the player sending the DTS flag so that my AV32R recognises the signal. :confused:

Did anyone went through the same experience?

Is there any solution for that? :lease:

Thanks

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    IM sure you have thought of this, but just in case..... have you checked how the digital output is set? It is possible that it is set wrong following your cracking

ad

3. Neo X

Neo X

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buns,

I have checked all menus.

In fact before I bought the AV32R I used to have a Denon A11-SR receiver and it happen the same. The only diference was that the Denon allows you to change to DTS manually and, in fact, after forcing the DTS the receiver would decode the info. With the AV32R the decoding is automatic and therefore It cannot be forced. That's why a think that there must be an info flag missing in the bitstream. The AV32R returns a message "No bitstream data"

4. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    have you tried going back to the old software? Does it work then? Assuming that you have indeed set the output to bitstream and not PCM with the new software and it works grand on the old software, i suggest the upgrade you have is a bit dicky....

ad

5. spikeyboy3

spikeyboy3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the 626 player a few years back (still got it but bought a newer 656) it had been cracked for multi region in the shop, never had a problem playing DTS through this to a Denon AVR 3300 Receiver.

So im guessing you have a dud software crack - what mod is it in your machine ?

Spike