Pioneer DV-626D problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gilo, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Gilo

Gilo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have the DV-626D DVD player which is nearly four years old.

I've never had a problem with it until now. I first noticed the problem when playing a CD. The music skipped, just for a second (or less) and then played on.

I tried a DVD and it's doing the same thing, although with the picture I can see that the picture doesn't falter, only the soundtrack. The picture continues to play without skipping, but the sound skips. It's as though I was pressing the mute button on and off quickly just once on my amp.

If I scan backwards where the skip just happened, it doesn't skip again in that place.

It seems to do it intermittently. I have no control over it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Giles.

2. Gilo

Gilo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just searched the forum history and found that beefybeef had the same problem back in March 2001.

Having read that thread, I guess I need to trace the problem further - perhaps it is the:

- co-ax cable
    - VSX-709RDS Amp

The thing that is worrying is that nothing has changed in the set up. The system has been sitting there for years running just fine. Overnight, something has changed and this sound cut out has kicked in.

Giles.

3. Gilo

Gilo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought I would use the optical cable I normally use with my xbox on the DVD player. Played a CD from start to finish - no jumps.

whilst the CD was playing I cleaned up the coax cable connectors - really dirty - how does that happen? Do the connectors pick up dirt even though they're constantly plugged in?

Put the coax back in place on the DVD to amp and played a DVD (Mystic River) through - no jumps. Hurrah!

:thumbsup:

I guess I should thank for the SEARCH function on this forum. That's how I found my solution.

Maybe I'll use the SEARCH function again for the answer to my question about dirty plugs too - it seems to be the friendliest thing on this forum.

Giles.