Pioneer DV-585 Black Not multi-region

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mossmanfly, Oct 30, 2005.

1. mossmanfly

mossmanfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Bought one of these from Buyyourav.com :thumbsdow and its not multi region at all, even though its stated on their site and order. I see other sites have the black version listed as multi-region where others dont. One site in particular has the Silver as Multi and the black not Multi.

The guy I spoke to from buyyourav.com said that the black ones cant be changed to multi-region is this true?

Currently sending the player back as I was mis sold, had to pay £19 to send it back which I am very angry at as Buyyourav.com :thumbsdow wouldnt send a Silver model via courier which I could have swapped over with my Black version. Plus I emailed them before buying to confirm multi region and they lied to me as the guy said he had one and it was fine. Sent a nice letter demanding refund for the delivery I had to pay to send the item back, if they dont refund me then they will feel my wrath :devil:

So anyone got a DV-585 player and got it multi-region working with R1 and RCE discs?

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Why not just update the firmware yourself to one of the multiregion firmwares that exist ?

3. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,105
    That sounds like the biggest load of bulls**t ever.

Martin.

4. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
  5. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    That's tantamount to discrimination just because of the colour of one's fascia. :D

6. mossmanfly

mossmanfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Well I have sent it back already, £19 it cost me, wouldnt arrange free collection even though it was mis sold. If it can be multi-region then I am mega annoyed and will ask for full refund of all the player and other costs i've incurred.

Will look around the links posted on here and see what I can dig out, then call buyyourav.com tommorow. Will let keep everyone posted on the situation.

7. iabbott

iabbott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered a black 585 from buyyourav last week. When it didn't arrive after a few days I contacted them and was told that they were having problems making their current batch multi-region. When asked when they would get some new ones in, they said that they had to sell the current stock first. Looks like they sent you one of these!!
    Ended up paying a bit more and getting the player from thehifistore.co.uk who have given excellent service.
    However, I do have a little problem (see other thread)

8. mossmanfly

mossmanfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Thanks for the info iabbott, why they hell they couldnt inform me I dont know. I should be getting a Silver one tommorow so I just hope that is multiregion.

9. iabbott

iabbott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no problem. Hope the silver one works ok.
    On a separate note, I've tried posting a new thread about my problem, but it hasn't appeared yet. Do you know if it has to be approved by a moderator first?

10. mossmanfly

mossmanfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Nothing needs to be approved by a moderator first, posted a new topic a while ago perfectly fine.