Pioneer DV-575A flickers in progressive mode

pigsear

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have just bought a Pioneer DV-575A to utilise the component connection to my Toshiba 36PZ46 TV. The definition is much improved but it notably flickers. I will admit that I am only using a cheap set of phono leads as I am yet to be convinced about shelling loads of money on named brand component leads.

Has anyone seen the same issue? Is it the pioneer, the TV or the cables? I am going to try and borrow another component out DVD player to test this, but you may solve the puzzle :confused:

EaR of the PiG

pigsear said:
Hi
I have just bought a Pioneer DV-575A to utilise the component connection to my Toshiba 36PZ46 TV. The definition is much improved but it notably flickers. I will admit that I am only using a cheap set of phono leads as I am yet to be convinced about shelling loads of money on named brand component leads.

Has anyone seen the same issue? Is it the pioneer, the TV or the cables? I am going to try and borrow another component out DVD player to test this, but you may solve the puzzle :confused:

EaR of the PiG
I have no flicker whatsoever with either PAL or NTSC with my 28"
television or my Sony LCD projector. If any, interlaced is the
flicker candidate and not progressive which is rock solid.
That said, some do seem to experience flicker with this player,
do a search in this forum.

Cheers for the reply. I have seen another thread where a flicker with progressive is mentioned, but I was hoping for a more specific answer where someone has pursued this and found which is at fault.

pigsear said:
Cheers for the reply. I have seen another thread where a flicker with progressive is mentioned, but I was hoping for a more specific answer where someone has pursued this and found which is at fault.

It is the Pioneer 'at fault', at least in the sense that other players (e.g. Tosh 340e) do not display the flicker problem with your TV (and mine, which is a prog scan capable JVC CRT TV). However, it is clear that that player does seem to work with some displays without problem.

Cheers Barzo, what a pain in the ass that is. Anyone know if the Denon 1710 has an issue like this?

Hi, Ive just got a 575 and been scrutinising it for a couple of days and noticed no flicker. It could well be your leads, are they 75 ohm or just standard phono's? Im using freebie 75 ohm leads, free with philips dvd recorder (yes I have had 3 of them, hence having 3 leads). The picture and sound are fantastic to say the least.
Hope this helps, Clyde. :)

Clyde, it is the leads <---------- NOOB. I borrowed a m8s supra component leads last night and no more strobe :D

Cheers for the help all.

pigsear said:
Clyde, it is the leads <---------- NOOB. I borrowed a m8s supra component leads last night and no more strobe :D

Cheers for the help all.

Ahh, maybe I should have said that I am using Supra component cables also :thumbsup:

rickardl said:
Ahh, maybe I should have said that I am using Supra component cables also :thumbsup:

So was/am I, and flicker is still present. Checked again that I am not losing my mind, by swapping Panny S97 and Pioneer 575 (which was on back room duty with a 21" TV). All excellent qualities I remember from Pioneer are there, but so was the flicker on edges/lines on PAL Prog scan, which is absent using the Panny. Maybe, after all, I have a duff unit? Might take it back to RS, and get a replacement. In a sense, hope current Pioneer is not duff - am more than happy with the Panny S97, but I would not have bought it if the Pioneer had ceased flickering.

hi i had an older pioneer that flickered on my tv i have a 575 and it seems ok to me although im just in the process of putting it on ebay as i've just got a sony 930v.
cheers guys

pixelphil said:
hi i had an older pioneer that flickered on my tv i have a 575 and it seems ok to me although im just in the process of putting it on ebay as i've just got a sony 930v.
cheers guys

Hi there,
at one time i seriously considered buying the sony dvp-ns930v. Is the sony picture and sound noticeably better than that of the pioneer dv575

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom