1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DV-575A Firmware query

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Stompa, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Stompa

Stompa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've just got a Pioneer DV-575A with firmware 2.05. Can anybody tell me if the new 2.09 includes many improvements over 2.05?

The reason I'm asking is because of this:

http://www.avland.co.uk/pioneer/dvu7/mp3lrg.jpg

My Disc Navigator screens don't look like that, they just have a left hand folder panel and a right hand file panel.

(Or is there some file naming convention that needs to be used to get a display like the one shown?)

Thanks

Stompa

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    2.09 add subtitle support for divx, Ogg support, several fixes etc. Its very painless to update so why not do it and see if does what you want.

3. Stompa

Stompa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    2.09 add subtitle support for divx, Ogg support, several fixes etc.

Thanks, I saw that on the Pioneer website, but the actual changes will be dependent on the version you're updating *from*.

Its very painless to update so why not do it and see if does what you want

I'm sure it's painless, but presumably also irreversible - so I was hoping someone could tell me the answer *before* I did it!

Stompa

4. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    It only 'irreversible' in that Pioneer don't release old version of firmware so you couldn't get 2.05 again.

If you could dump the 2.05 from your from your machine (if your into electronics you could add a serial connection as its a standard mediatek machine). However I'm guessing not :)

You've not got anything to loose by updating to 2.09, it adds feature not taken them away. I'm not at home so can't tell you what the file browser looks like but its something like that screenshot.

5. Stompa

Stompa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It only 'irreversible' in that Pioneer don't release old version of firmware so you couldn't get 2.05 again.

Precisely, I'm always a little cautious about doing an update that I can't undo. I know the latest version will have been thoroughly tested, but there have been times with other products where the ability to revert to an earlier version has proved to be vital!

Stompa

6. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Fair enough. I've been running 2.09 now for a while with no problems. If you check out divx.com forums you'll find two monster threads about the 575 / 470. No reported problems still. I'd say Pioneer did a very good job on the update.