Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer DV-575A and ELP DVD Audio Help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Relay, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Relay

Relay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone have both a Pioneer DV-575A and ELP Brain Salad Surgery DVD-Audio who can help me identify where the fault/problem lies?

When I play said disc via the multichannel inputs on my Pioneer 2011 all channels and all audio tracks suffer terrible 'digital distortion' apart from tracks 3,4 and 6 which play superbly. If I swap in my only other DVD audio (Fragile by Yes) it plays perfectly using similar settings on the DVD player and receiver. The ELP disc will play ok when the L + R audio inputs are used but suffers the same distortion if the receiver is used to converts a digital connection from the DVD player.

Is the fault with the disc or DVD player ? The disc is from DVD Pacific so isn't easy to exchange.