Pioneer Dv-575a, Advice Please.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by beavis2ooo, Mar 6, 2005.

1. beavis2ooo

beavis2ooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, firstly i'm thinking about buying the pioneer 575a, or denon 1710.
    I have a denon 3802, and am being biast for considering the 1710. but i also have a 50" rear projection tv, and have heard that the 1710 doesn't perform to good on a large screen??.

Secondly the 575a, and this may sound a silly question, but would all dvd movies sound better via the six channel inputs, rather the coaxial input?.

I would really welcome anyones info on these players, What i'm looking for most of all, is which one will sound better for watching films. thanks.

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Difficult to say which will sound better - I haven't seen/heard the 1710.

The 575 sounds great through the single coax (ie with an external decoder) or the 6ch (ie the internal decoder be that DD, DTS, DVD-A or SACD). I use the 575 to project an 83" pic and it looks extremely good. It also has a much maligned feature called BNR Block Noise Rediction which many people dislike but I find it cleans up large images no-end...PJ

3. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    This depends upon whether the decoders and DACs in the Amp are better than those in the DVD player.

As your amp is a 3802 I would expect them to be superior to the dvd575a so I'd use co-ax rather than 6ch analogue. Get your dealer to demo them both (1710 and 575a) for you in both configurations. Then maybe let us know your findings.

4. beavis2ooo

beavis2ooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your help. iv just bought the pioneer 575 today.