1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DV-575 Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AgentCool, Oct 6, 2004.

1. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    I've had a Pioneer DV-575 for about 2 months now and the list of problems with it is growing. The things I have noticed wrong with it so far are as follows:

1) Almost continuous horizontal banding when playing a 2.35:1 ratio film. Particularly noticable in brighter scenes.

2) Jumpy playback on 'Welcome to the Jungle' around the 1 hour mark. Sometimes freezes altogether.

3) Will not play Episode 4 of 'That Peter Kay Thing'. Just starts the episode and then freezes.

With points 2 and 3 there is definitely nothing wrong with either disc because I have tried them on 3 other DVD players and they play perfectly.

I have the player connected to a Toshiba 24Z33 widescreen CRT TV using a QED P2110 RGB Scart lead.

Has anyone else had similar problems with this player? I'm starting to wish I hadn't sold my old Panasonic DVD/VCR...

2. Kish Kash

Kish Kash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah yes, the ol' Pioneer RGB Scart curse!!

Forget it mate. Nothing you can do about it. its a design fault that afflicts almost all pioneer dvd players, from the 464 to the 757. Welcome to the club!

Major, major pain in the bum, I know. All I can recommend is using s-video or investing in a tv that has component inputs (i.e. plasma, or most toshiba 16:9 toshiba crt's).

There are loads of threads in this forum about the problem. just type in "565 banding" and you'll get lots of results.

3. sharper

sharper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    A long shot. turn the thing off and on at the mains and see if that works..