Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer DV-575 DVD component connection to DLP Optoma EP737 Projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gsi66, Jul 28, 2005.

1. gsi66

gsi66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks,
    I have an Optoma EP737 DLP projector which I would like to connect to a Pioneer DV575 DVD player using the Y,Pb,Pr component connectors. I bought a cable with Y,Pb,Pr on one end, the other end is a D-sub VGA connector. However, my projector ignores this source.
    -
    I have configured the component out and set the progressive scan option on the DVD. If I connect just the yellow video out to the yellow video out on the projector, the projector registers the source and I get a picture (composite), but I really want a component connection.

The projector only has the following ports:
    (a) monitor loop through (VGA connector mentioned above);
    (b) RS232 input;
    (c) Composite video connector (yellow photo video in);
    (d) Audio phono;
    (e) S-Video (round);
    (f) VESA M1-DA Analog RGB / Digital / HD-TV / Component Video / USB Mouse input;

I cannot help thinking that the option (f) is really what I need, but can you get a Y, Pr, Pb component cable with an M1-DA that would work?

Any ideas would be welcome as I am in the dark...

GSi

2. fruitcakegsi

fruitcakegsi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi GSi66 what a co-incidence we have the same userid !!

Okay, you can get an M1-A -> HDMI converter and connect to the PS3 directly. However it does not work. This is because the PS3 output's HD 1080i as a digital feed (via the HDMI) which the projector can only do HD 1080i via analog - ergo the component cable is needed.

So, obtained an M1-A component cable, linked it to the PS3 via component and Bob really is your uncle - HiDef 1080i from the PS3 to an Optoma EP737 wonderful.

Now I don't have to go out and buy a HDMI hidef projector - the Optoma is just as good.

Word of warning though, if you play ordinary DVD's through the PS3 with upscaling on, it will not upscale over component. Blu-ray is fine though.

3. citrac

citrac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does this answer mw question I wonder. I didnt install an hdmi lead when I first ceiling mountedmy projector (infocus 4805). Can I pass hidef from a ps3 to my projector ?( I may upgradeto a 720 p such a sthe optoma 65)