1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer dv-565a how do i make it multi-region, also need new firmware

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by ryann, Apr 14, 2005.

1. ryann

ryann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pioneer dv-565a how do i make it multi-region, I also need new firmware does any one have the latest firmware for it and how do i update the firmware do i burn it to cd and put the disk in the dvd player, help please

2. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
  3. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    You can make this multiregion free of charge by searching the forums over at www.videohelp.com. As for latest firmware, the only way to upgrade this is via Pioneer when they launch any new firmwares, a quick look on the support section on their site (www.pioneer.co.uk) will help with that aspect.

4. ryann

ryann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cant make it multi region as you need a special remote & also on the pioneer web site the dont support the dv-565a any more, thats why i asked if any one had the firmware

5. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93

You can can indeed mod it for free without a special remote. If you have a laptop you can do it via its IR port, a PDA, or even a OFA! You will find loads of people that have done it for free on the earlier link (videohelp.com), or you could just pay for a "special remote", your choice:)

If memory serves, Pioneer never made a firmware upgrade available for the DV565 range, only the newer DIVX models.

6. ryann

ryann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It has problems playing some dvd-a disks pioneer said that it needs a firmware upgrade but there contractor who does the firmware upgrades for them no longer has the firmware for the dvd player, thats why i asked if any one had it,

also as you said above what is a OFA, The only IR remote i have which i can program is a remote on my nokia 6230