Pioneer DV-565A Black discontinued?

M

michaels

Hi

I placed an order for a Pioneer DV-565A in black this week only to be told that it had been discontinued in black and will only be available in silver. Can anyone confirm this? I've emailed Pioneer but await a reply. Does this mean the 565A is soon to be replaced?

Regards
Roger

don't know if it's discontinued, but I have been told that Pioneer only supply about 10% as black in the uk. If it is true, and it's important (it was to me with all the other components being black, and dissappearing nicely in the rack), then why not shop around, maybe pay a bit more to get one. On the other hand, maybe there's an imminent new release, maybe someone here will know.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. The black is important to me as it matches everything else in the rack.

I've sent several emails to most of the main suppliers & several have replied saying the black is discontinued and one supplier said they are awaiting an announcement about it's successor, which sounds like the 565 in general could be about to be replaced.

If I can find one in stock I'll probably go for it. I need multiregion & although I've downloaded the 565 IR Pronto hack I'll get a MR one if I can as I'm nervous the hack might not work. I've got a couple of hundred region 1's & only a couple of region 2's!

Roger

gotta get MR then, to be safe.

What about a 656 - its very similar (was more expensive, but about 6months older so MAYBE there is one around - thats what I have and it's superb)

Hi

Just had a look at ebay & there is a 656 in black, ex demo with warranty currently at £121, albeit with 5 days to run.

One feature not mentioned on the ad was JPEG's. Is there a JPEG viewer? I do a lot of digital photography (EOS 10D) & burning everything to DVD's is a great way to display the photos.

I've got a cheapy Ronin player & the JPEG viewer is really useful. The Ronin is destined for a holiday place in France & the 565 seems like a good quality replacement with useful features like the JPEG viewer at a good price. I guess if Pioneer bring out a replacement it will have similar features. I'll keep looking.

Roger

I don't think the 656 has JPEG (I think 565 does), but that price is really good I reckon.

I have had a good experience with this store, in terms of price and very rapid delivery

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom