1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DV-515 DVD player picture freezing

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Pete02, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Pete02

Pete02
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer DV-515 DVD player with multiregion modification. The picture freezes playing Moulin Rouge (region 1) when it swops to the second layer. I have tried this disk in a Sony player which works fine no picture freezing.
    I have also had this picture freezing problem on an all region disc brought back from Thailand, only after about 11 mins into the film. I thought this was due to a dodgy disc.
    I have tried using a laser cleaning disc, but made no difference.
    I have read that some players which have picture freezing need the lasers calibrated using the disc which causes the problem, I think this was for a Sony player using some sort of setup menu, but not sure.
    Can this be done on the Pioneer?
    I would appreciate any help on this subject or any feedback from any other users of the Pioneer players having similar problems.

Thanks

Pete

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,510
    don't post multiple threads in different places, about the same question.

3. Pete02

Pete02
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To MJN
    I saw the av hardware forum had troubleshooting av equipment after I had posted this post in this forum, but did not know how to delete a thread, so reposted it again.

Pete

4. mike greenslade

mike greenslade
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My 737 and a mates of mine have recently had freezing problems on the R1 DVD ' Dinosour '. But the disc plays on other models.:mad: