Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer DV-464

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by steve_cassidy, Mar 5, 2004.

1. steve_cassidy

steve_cassidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have been looking at reviews and details of the Pioneer DV-464 DVD Player and have found some details that say it doesn't have an integrated audio decoder.

Does this mean it doesn't play normal audio CDs?

I have read that it plays DVDs, DVD+-R(W)s, JPGs, MP3 and WMAs so I guessed that it plays audio CDs but am not sure after reading this. I thought all DVD players will play normal audio CDs

I am not after anything that does DVD-A or SACDs but would like to play normal audio CDs on this if I buy it.

Whilst I am here the system I am looking at is

Pioneer DV-454 (DVD Player)
    Pioneer 301 (AV Receiver)
    Pioneer SV40 (AV Speaker set)

Does nayone have any opinions on this?

Cheers

SteveC

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Hi,

I think they mean it doesn't have built-in DTS and DD decoders which would output through 6 analogue phono connections, instead of a digital bitstream from the optical or coaxial outputs. They aren't necessary if your amp also has the the required decoders. Hope this helps.

Steve

3. steve_cassidy

steve_cassidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this