Pioneer DV 464 S The right choice

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by crosby, Dec 13, 2003.

1. crosby

crosby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer DV 464 S arriving next week Have I made the right choice ? If not please let me down lightly !

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    The Pioneer DV-360 is the same internally I believe and is normally available a bit cheaper. The only reason to go for the 464 is if you can find it with the same or better price or you prefer the styling.

With regards the actual player itself its a good basic japanese branded chinese made dvd player. Seems to be a bit more robust than the Toshiba 330 and if your buying multiregion appears to cope better with RCE discs. Its not quite as good as the Toshiba with regards picture and doesn't have component out sockets.

3. crosby

crosby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks bonzobanana. I spent so much time trying to decide from reviews and forums that I think I lost the plot in the end and with Christmas coming up ended up by sticking a pin in a short list. Amazon seem to have got most of the makes in my price range so the free post more or less settled it. Should be here this week.
    Yes I had thought of the 330. Is the better picture that noticible
    I understand that a decent scart cable is essential so I have bought a Ixos xht611. Hope I got that right !!!!
    My TV only has two scart sockets and no other sockets and please what are component out sockets for.
    I suppose I only need the player for films and to show off my Digi photos. Perhaps I could have got away with a £40 player !
    As you have probably guessed by now ` I know nothing Im from West Wales`
    Thanks again