1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DV-350

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by EpoA, May 5, 2003.

1. EpoA

EpoA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Has anyone had any experience with a Pioneer DV-350 DVD Player?

Im considering purchasing and would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

:D

2. dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    EpoA

I bought a DV350 a year or so ago when the Tosh 220E I orderded turned up useless, as did its replacement (don't get me started!!).

Cracking little player - plays all my R1, R2, RCE discs etc with no problem, layer change pretty good too. Also plays CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R and DVD+RW (although the + media needs to be written to in a specific manner).

MP3 discs play brilliantly with an on screen navigator. Sound output to my amp is bright and clear; usual DD and DTS streams available via Coaxial Digital. I like the RGB feed - I think it is denser than my previous Tosh - but the S-Video feed ain't bad either if you're short on Scarts (like me).

My only minor gripe is that accessing the slow-mo modes means pressing and holding key rather than just tapping (as Tosh models do).

As long as you regard this player as it should be (ie a base model player with no frills) you won't be disappointed. I am more than happy with it, and it's pretty much a bargain.

HTH

dr_m

3. EpoA

EpoA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot Dr

I just re-read another thread from last week or so ... I'd forgotten that someone advised that there were some incompatabilities between the TV I'm about to purchase (Sony) and the Pioneer DVD Players

So I may have to leave it out :( And I thought I'd found the perfect one :S

Thanks anyway!