1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DV-350

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by eros, Apr 16, 2003.

1. eros

eros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's this player like? Is it a good all rounder as I have a Mark 1 Wharfedale 750 that is having trouble playing some of the latest DVD9 silvers I have ordered so I think it is time for an update. Plus I want MP3 to! Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. TommyVecetti

TommyVecetti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I'd imagine this Pioneer would be a marked improvement over your old Wharfdale, at a bargain price too.

3. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If, and I mean if richer sounds have any in stock, get them to price beat avland and you will have a new multiregion dv-350 for £89!!!!! thats got to be the deal of the year!

4. mseabroo

mseabroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Ferris57

Just been down to richer sounds to try and pick up a price match on the 350 against AVLAND or any of the other online retailers that are offering the 350's at £99.99.

No Go thought, richers now seem to only price beat or match against a very small list of competitors (Which they produced from under the counter).

Surprise Surprise that list does not include any of the competative web sites & although the list had superfi listed they said that they cant price match them either (not that they were cheap in any case).

Bit surprising as their brochure indicates they will price beat any dealer that has units in stock, as long as the shipping is added.

But as the manager said, they keep losing money by price beating absolutely anyone : Doh Doh :eek:

Noticed that currys were on the list and offering the 350 for £99.97 via the web with free deliveryu so will give them another go this PM, hopefully with better results

5. mseabroo

mseabroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Oh forgot to mention according to the avland web site both the 350 and 454 are both being replaced with new models, so don't seem to be orderable via their site at present.

Looks like some interesting new features coining though,
    54Mhz Video Dacs and Jpeg Photo CD playback etc etc

6. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah this is the main reason a lot of online retailers are selling the likes of the 350 for £99. Online retailers probably find it a lot harder to shift older stock as online buyers tend to be more tech savy.

As for richer sounds, what a bunch of bastards! as if blatently advertising goods which they NEVER have in stock at cheap prices isn't bad enough (done purely to get you through their door so their commision driven salesman can pounce), they are now only price beating who they choose!!!!!

You might get a problem getting them to price match currys online as it's a region 2 machine and no doubt this will not qualify for price beating as they are selling a multiregion version, but it's deff worth a try.

7. mseabroo

mseabroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Ferris57,

Ahh success, I just called them again, rather than going in and this time they agreed to price beat Multi-Region magic.

So I now have a 350 reserved at £99 (Still 10 pounds cheaper by saving on the shipping), so guess I'm a happier camper, due to the instant gratification of having new toys now rather than later.

But your right they would only price beat comet, if they could actualy supply a region 2 machine, which they can't.

As you say advertising something you don't stock is very dogdy practice.

8. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Great stuff :D

9. eros

eros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info people

PS whats the new model number thats replacing the 350?

10. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If the marketing department remain as imaginative I'd have a wild guess at 360???