Pioneer digi-box - Help req'd

Hugo Skeeter

Standard Member
I have a pioneer box that I got when I subscribed to on-digital. I'm now using it to get the Freeview channels, but the channel lit still contains all the channels that I can't access e.g. Sky One, Nickleodeon, Film Four.

How can I delete these channels from the list and just leave the freeview channels showing ?

I've tried turning it off and I can't find any reset options

Thanks

A

antonios55

Simply store all channels again rather than adding new ones.
This will wipe out the old memory and find all the new ones etc

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Remove the Smart Card before you do it.

lynx

Originally posted by nigel
Remove the Smart Card before you do it.
Why :confused:

lynx

Originally posted by gringottsdirect
....because you need the PIN otherwise :) .
A pin is not required to conduct a channel store.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by lynx
Why :confused:
I don't know. I don't know if it actually matters. But the Smart Card is totally unnecessary for freeview. And others have posted in other similar threads that it is necessary to do this. So, it does no harm to remove it, there is nothing to be gained by keeping it in, and it may have an effect on reception and/or finding of the new channels.

moghm

Standard Member
definitely, remove the card from your pioneer box, you do not need it.

Does anyone know if a universal remote i.e. magician-4 or magician-8 will work with the pioneer digi box ?

MonkeyDonkey

Standard Member
Just got home from work to find my nice shiny new One For All Topline 8 has been delivered.
Its bloody huge.
I'll be trying to get it to work with the Pioneer digibox at some point, probably Thursday if I have to ring OFA to get it updated, so i'll let you know how I get on, or if anyone else knows and can save me the trouble that'd be good.

Hugo Skeeter

Standard Member
Thanks to everyone. I now have a channel list that reflects the channels I can actually recieve. It was the card that did it, in the library, with the candlestick.

Ta

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom